Thursday, May 24, 2007

Overheard: Green Factor leader out? Design Review review?

Before I forget, at last week's Green Factor Workshop I overheard the following words in this order:
  1. Moddemeyer
  2. position not funded
  3. city-wide
  4. Burien [?!]
Which might mean that Steve Moddemeyer, the brains behind the new Green Factor landscaping requirements for commercial areas, might be out of a job next year (or budget) as the city prepares to take Green Factor city-wide. I'm not as sure I heard Burien.

Also overheard: Something to the effect that the city is going to review the Design Review process, starting sometime in early July. This comes at little surprise, given Sally Clark's March editorial about updating neighborhood plans and the neighborhood plan planning process survey that's whirling around the neighborhood sites. (You have until May 28th to fill it out.)

I can't vouch for the accuracy, nor the newsworthiness, of any of this.

No comments: